Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. (the Company) views the proper handling of the personal information of customers and others with whom it enters into transactions as a corporate social responsibility and works to protect this personal information.
- Article 1 Basic Policies
- The personal information of customers and others will be used only for legitimate purposes like providing valuable information and performing appropriate services.
- The personal information of customers and others will not be provided to third parties without the authorization of those whose information will be provided except in the case of a statutory disclosure or other legitimate purpose and when there is a legal requirement to provide such information to subsidiaries, subcontractors, or business partners.
- When the Company obtains the personal information of customers or others, it will, as a rule, disclose the purpose for which the information will be used.
- The Company will implement appropriate security measures and take reasonable steps to protect from alteration, leaks, loss, etc. the personal information it obtains.
- The Company, as a part of its compliance activities, will abide by laws, regulations, and guidelines addressing the protection of personal information.
- Article 2 Handling of Personal Information
- Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company, in abiding by paragraph 1 of the Basic Policies, will acquire personal information only through legal, honest means and only to the extent necessary.
- Uses of Personal Information
Personal information acquired by the Company will be used only for the purposes given below.
- The provision of information on products and services offered by the Company, and on events sponsored by the company.
- Purposes related to the conduct of surveys or studies necessary for managing products or services offered by the Company, or to the development of future products and services.
- Timely responses to inquiries and requests.
- Managing matters related to shareholders.
- Hiring activities.
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements, or regulatory guidance.
- Purposes specified when the personal information was obtained.
- Other purposes necessary for the smooth pursuit of Company operations.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide personal information to third parties without the permission of those whose information would be provided except: 1) For statutory disclosures or other legitimate purposes or 2) When it must be provided to subsidiaries, subcontractors, or business partners to fulfill any of the purposes given under paragraph 2 above.
- Management of Personal Information
The Company, in order to appropriately manage personal information and protect it from alteration, leaks, loss, etc., will take reasonable steps to control access to personal information, limit the means by which personal information may be taken off premises, prevent unauthorized access by external parties, and provide legal and regulatory compliance education for employees.
- Article 3 Personal Information Disclosure Requests and Procedures
Requests to disclose, correct, supplement, dispose of, or cease the use of personal information held by the Company should be submitted to:
Nippon Soda Co., Ltd.
General Affairs & Human Resources Dept.
Stakeholder Relations Group
Shin Otemachi Building
2-2-1 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8165
- Article 4 Revisions
- The Company revises its privacy policies from time to time. Revisions shall be made known via their reflection in content posted on this homepage.